The CrowdSec Security Engine is an open-source, lightweight software that detects and blocks malicious actors from accessing your systems at various levels, using log analysis and threat patterns called scenarios.
The crowd-sourced aspect allows sharing attack information among users, enhancing real-time attack detection and preemptive blocking of known bad actors from your system.
In addition to the core "detect and react" mechanism, CrowdSec is committed to several other key aspects:
- Easy Installation: Effortless out-of-the-box installation on all supported platforms.
- Simplified Daily Operations: Use cscli and the hub for effortless maintenance and keeping your detection mechanisms up-to-date.
- Reproducibility: The Security Engine can analyze not only live logs but also cold logs, making it easier to detect potential false triggers, conduct forensic analysis, or generate reports.
- Observability: Providing valuable insights into the system's activity:
- API-Centric: All components communicate via an HTTP API, facilitating multi-machine setups.
More ways to learn
Watch a short series of videos on how to install CrowdSec and protect your infrastructureLearn with CrowdSec Academy